Monday, September 04, 2006

Long weekend

This weekend actually felt like a long weekend! No studying, no traveling, no working! Hooray! My parents came into town and we had a ball. Nothing fancy -- just being together.

I love the Labor Day weekend for some reason. We always make Chicken Stew. It's nothing special, but it's part of our family tradition inspired by an old Mars Hill fundraiser. We made a HUGE pot of it, so quite a bit of it ended up in the freezer to be eaten later. Yum.

Labor day has a different meaning to me now, though. I think of actual labor. We had lunch with college girlfriends on Saturday and I got to talk about the day Avery was born. It was really tough and I'm sure it was incredibly painful, but I don't remember that part. I only remember seeing that sweet angel being placed in my arms and seeing the look of pure joy and amazement on Chad's face. Priceless.

We're making sure to appreciate every moment we can with Avery. The last 7 months have flown by already, so we're trying to be intentional about not missing anything. I'll catch myself just staring at her sometimes, being amazed at how she's learning how her body works. She uses her hands so well and never stops moving her feet. Even pooping is cute!

I'll be sure to post pictures next time. So sorry that it's been a while. We thought we broke the camera, but it's up and running again, so we're playing catch-up. Thanks for checking in on us!

4 comments:

Lincoln said...

Laura,
I am so happy for you! I know it has been a struggle for you deciding what to do about work! Avery is beautiful and she will cheirsh these days that she will have to spend with you! Miss you! Trish and Lincoln

Scarlett said...

Thank you so much for the info. about the cake instructional book/DVD. I've got one more class, but you can never have enough ideas!
I'll have to add you to my blogger buddies list. How's Avery?

Kim said...

Time to post again... I want to see Braves pics. =)

Clarissa said...

Even the poop is cute? Yup, you're hopelessly in love!