Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Is it summer yet?

I know it's not quite summer yet, but it sure feels like it. It's HOT. But thank heavens for the pool at the YMCA. Avery and I have been hitting it up every day. She's a big fan of splashing around. She's pretty brave, too. She's not afraid of the freezing cold water. I just have to grin and bear it so she doesn't get out of reach.

We spent the holiday weekend in Huntsville with Chad's family. Saturday was devoted to tromping around on the farm. Avery loved the barn and got to pet her first cow! It was the one that was born the same day as her. All the other cows run when you get too close, but "Avery's cow" will walk right up to you expecting some attention. All the photos are on Chad's parents' camera because I bought the wrong size battery! At least we had the video camer for other stills from the last few days.
I ran by Target this morning and bought a pack of the right size batteries so I won't have any more excuses for not documenting all the growing up going on in our house. I'm always behind the camera, so here are some good pictures of Avery with Daddy.
Cuddling by the pool

Eating spaghetti
"Helping" Daddy wash the car
"Helping" Daddy water the lawn
Playing in the bathtub with our buddy Madeline

5 comments:

The Wessons said...

She is a daddy's girl! But aren't we all.

Kim said...

Oh precious. I love the pics of her "helping" Daddy. =) I want to see more pictures of you!!

the millers said...

YEAA!! great pitures! I'm so glad you posted!

Abigail and Ansley said...

She is precious and such a big girl!

Leslie Ware said...

Good to see you guys this morning--and Avery is even cuter in person!