Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day and Field Day

I totally intended to post yesterday, but Chad and I got wrapped up in a crossword puzzle. We're addicts. Ever since we subscribed to the paper, we're hooked!

Mother's Day was wonderful. Avery got me a sweet card and flowers and she helped Daddy make lunch for me. I got to take it easy for the day.

I LOVE being a mom. And it's so cliche, but I never knew how much my mom loved me until I had Avery. This is technically my third Mother's Day because two years ago on Mother's Day I learned I was pregnant with Avery. What a cool day!!!!

Today, Avery and I spent the morning at Kirkpatrick Elementary. I had the stroller loaded with fruit snacks and I hauled around a couple of coolers full of Capri Suns for the kiddos. They are hilarious! I wish I'd had my camera (but, of course, yet again, I don't have batteries). My class won Tug-o-War!

The kids wanted to take turns "helping" with Avery. They had a ball pushing her stroller and following her around and feeding her fruit snacks. They've all come a long way since the first of the year. I can hardly believe the year is almost over. Wow! First Grade, here they come!

Well, I'm sweaty, so it's time for a shower. Till next time . . .

2 comments:

Kim said...

That was really poetic about what you said... how much your mom loves you by how much you love Avery. Very sweet.

Christy said...

Glad you had a happy mother's day:)