Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Getting frisky


Well, we made it home, but not without incident. We had our luggage packed, had breakfast, grabbed a cab, and headed to the airport. The security line wasn't too bad, so we felt good about our trek through the terminal. However, I started beeping through the metal detector. I backed up, removed my watch and bracelet and walked through again. Beeped again. Then I realized that I still had my very large hoop earrings in. Too late.

I got whisked into a plexiglass holding pen with a man who looked like an old man extra from a Saudi Arabian film. They very obtrusively summoned a female security officer who made me "spread 'em" and frisked me. It was the earrings. Duh.

For a split second, I thought about being embarrassed. Then I looked around and remembered that I was in Las Vegas -- the city of lunatics -- so I blew it off.

We had a wonderful time -- seeing all the city sights, losing only about $20 (since Chad has self control), and lounging by the pool. We managed to avoid a couple of disasters at the HR convention Chad was helping with, and felt great about it before leaving town. We ate WAY too much, walked WAY too far and smelled WAY too much cigarette smoke, but all in all it was a spectacular place to travel together.

We came home to a very excited Avery, who ran back and forth between Chad and me hugging us over and over again. I LOVE that. Even though it was nice to get some time alone without her, we missed the little booger and couldn't wait to get home to her.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from our trip. We didn't have a single one of ourselves -- just the sights. Oh well. Enjoy!
The beautiful Bellagio before the infamous fountain show
The Eiffel Tower at the Paris resort
The volcano at the Mirage
Sweet time with Papa when he was in town for a funeral
Cheesin' it up with Nana and her super fun Green Tea bottle

3 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

how fun! glad you guys had a blast!! jamin has never been and its on his list of places to go...awesome.

Heather said...

Love Vegas -- especially how they have slot machines ready and waiting as soon as you get off the plane! I was laughing at the thought of you being frisked. At least they called in a female to do it! I would have cried anyway...

Kim said...

I have never been to Vegas- I heard it's so fun, and you don't even have to gamble to have fun. Did you see any shows? I like the pictures.
The bit about Avery going b/n the 2 of you is cute. I can just picture that.