Saturday, June 23, 2007

Today's high

Chad and I are in Las Vegas for the next few days -- sans Avery. His parents came up Thursday and my mom is relieving them today. Chad is helping with set-up and dismantle for a Healthways trade show booth at two conventions, so I'm tagging along.

This place is really amazing. It stinks like a giant ashtray, but the architectural details are phenomenal. We've exhausted ourselves each day so far with all the walking and intense heat. The high this weekend is 109!!! The low is 88. It's a really dry heat, so it doesn't feel as bad as 90 in Nashville, but it does feel like we're just standing in front of an open oven door.

We're at Bally's, next to Paris and across from the Bellagio. We watched the fountain show last night. It's amazing that they'd give up that much precious real estate for a big pond, but it draws so many people.

We've played a few slots and some video poker, but Chad won't let me bet more than 5 cents at a time. I keep telling him that a big investment equals a big return, but he keeps reminding me that we haven't lost more than about $10 so far.

This is the first time we've both left Avery overnight. We don't have a problem with it -- we just don't have any family in town to leave her with. She's in great hands with her grandparents and I'm sure she's getting spoiled beyond belief. I miss her terribly, though. Every time I see a child (not sure why ANYONE would want to bring a child here), I miss her even more.

Well, I'm finally off to eat breakfast. I know, I know. It's 11:50 to my body right now, but we're on VACATION! I'll post pictures when we return. Have a great weekend, bloggers!

2 comments:

Jillina said...

OOh if you guys have time rent a car and drive out to the Hoover Dam. It's really neat to see!

Christy said...

Vegas is lots of fun and yes you feel like you are in an oven!! Jeff and I have been twice and every time we ask the same question: WHY WOULD YOU BRING KIDS? You see people with these little babies and you really wonder "why would that be fun?"

Hope you are having a blast and get to catch a couple cool shows:)