Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's too quiet in here



After a few days of sore throat, cough, sneezing and general yuckiness, I headed to the doctor this morning. Sinus infection. Great. I have plenty of time for that in the midst of finishing my Christmas shopping and packing. (Please note the sarcasm.)

For the majority of the day, I've been trying to take it easy on the couch and let the meds kick in. I used every ounce of energy I had to feed Avery some lunch and clean up a bit. I was straightening the living room, trying to recover from the tornado of puzzles on the floor and realized that it was really quiet. I yelled, "Avery, where are you?" I heard her tiny voice say "in da kitchen." Then I heard the toilet seat.

I raced through the kitchen to the half bath and found the little loon with her pants around her ankles trying to put the toilet paper (completely unrolled) back on the roll. A definite Kodak moment I couldn't miss. She told me that she wanted to go on mommy's potty. I think it's time for door knob covers!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm FINALLY recovering from a horrific sinus infection I had for 2 weeks. I just knew it was mono. But no...isn't this the worst time ever to be sick? So much to do!

The pick of Avery in the bathroom is too cute!

Kim said...

I snickered when I saw that picture. Oh the joys of toilet paper.

The Blankinships said...

i love it!!! i walked into the boys bathroom yesterday to find that the twins had put the entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet, and tried to flush it. i was a little less cool than you were when i found the stopped up potty. great picture!!

Christy said...

That is great...you will use that picture for a laugh for years to come:) Hope you start feeling better-I have the whole sinus thing going on too, but I don't think it's an infection. Anway Merry Christmas--stuffy noses and all!!

Sallie said...

bless!! that picture is so great!

Jillina said...

Love this picture!!