Thursday, January 03, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

We had a fun holiday as Chad's office was closed from Dec 24-January 1. He got to be home with us, so Avery and I were spoiled by having him around. The only down side was that I still hadn't shaken the sinus infection I'd gotten the week before and the holidays don't exactly make it easy to see a doctor. The father of one of Chad's childhood friends is a doctor in Huntsville (where we were the week following Christmas), so he did us a favor and worked me in so I could get a different antibiotic. I still sound like a chain smoker, but I'm slowly improving and I'm not contagious.

Here are some long overdue photos from our Christmas. This is Avery's new chaise lounge. My dad had it reupholstered for us. It's going in Avery's room to replace the rocking chair that's moving to the nursery. Didn't it turn out great???



This is my little cowgirl. The outfit was a gift from Bebe (Chad's mom.) The boots that came with it were too big and when we went to exchange them, there were none left. So Avery picked out her new pair. She's a little fashion diva.



In her Christmas pajamas (Ho Ho Jammies, as she calls them) on Christmas morning. We went in her room that morning to find her jumping up and down in her crib waiting for us.



Ride 'em cowboy! Lucky for us, this rocking horse resides at Bebe and Papa John's house. It sings a song when you press its ear and I have no idea how to remove the batteries! Also notice the basketball goal back there. That one came home with us. We have no room indoors for it, so we'll have to play when it gets a little warmer around here.



On another note, I haven't really talked much about my pregnancy on this blog, so I suppose it's time. It's very different this time since we aren't finding out the gender. We can't refer to the baby by name, but it's SO MUCH FUN to speculate and imagine what we're having.

I feel really different this time, too. I'm much more uncomfortable. I can attribute much of that to trying to keep up with a toddler, I suppose. This child is VERY active in utero. It likes to stretch, kick and tumble all day (and all night) long. I feel like I'm carrying high and I quite possibly have an elbow in my lungs right now. I also think this baby is more out front. With Avery, if I hadn't known any better, I would have thought she was going to fall out my rear. I'm pretty sure she broke my tail bone. But this little one threatens to climb out my belly button.

We're expecting the nursery furniture to arrive in a few days. We'll start painting this weekend and I'm picking up the fabric early next week and starting on the bedding, window treatments and rocker slipcover. There's so much to do before this kiddo arrives, so we're just trying not to panic.

We're getting ready to head to L.A. for Chad's best friend's wedding, too, so I need to rest up and make sure I'm in good condition to travel so far so late in my pregnancy. If this child is anything like Avery, I don't have to worry about delivering early.

Till next time . . .

5 comments:

Christy said...

I'm glad you are feeling a little better and I hope you have a fun time at the Wedding.

It looks like Christmas was fun:)

Elizabeth S said...

The delivery will be so much fun not knowing the sex! I had my fourth baby in May; we found out with the other three, and I can honestly say that if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't find out with any of them. Take care! Oh, and I found your blog through Phil Wilson; we used to go to Otter Creek.

Kim said...

Thank you for the update!!! I check everyday. =) I love the lounge!!! It's beautiful. Her jammies are cute. I'm glad for the update about Baby 2. Love you!

Tiffany said...

So good to hear everything is going well. Avery is too cute in her cowgirl outfit.

michelleandwalker said...

Your baby sounds just like Austin. He rarely stopped kicking, flipping, or stretching when I was pregnant...hasn't changed much...he is now the most active 8 month old I know. ;-)