Monday, January 14, 2008

8 Things About Avery



We've been tagged! Carrie, I haven't been ignoring you -- we've just been swamped with nursery preparation the last few days.

But without further adieu ... here are some of my favorite things about my sweet girl:

1. Every morning when we get her out of her crib, Avery says, "Eat breakfast. Avery eat waffle." She loves frozen waffles.

2. She's obsessed with Elmo. I'm not sure how she even learned about him, but she's got Elmo radar and sees him everywhere we go.

3. She loves to count and jump. "One, two, free, jump." When we tell her to count to 5 and then jump, she says, "One, two, five, jump."

4. She has been thoughtfully contemplating giving up her pacifier. I'd love her to give it up before baby 2 arrives, but I don't want her to think the new baby is taking it away from her!

5. Avery loves to call people on her cell phone (an old one of mine with the battery removed). 90% of the time, she's calling Papa. In fact, she's pretending to be on the phone with him right now!

6. She is fully convinced that "If you're happy and you know it, say 'Roll Tide'" is an actual verse to the song. She says "Roll Tide" to random strangers wearing Alabama apparel and identifies elephants as Big Al about half the time. Just trying to raise her right, y'all!

7. She adores Miss Carol at Crieve Hall and always thinks we're going to school when we drive past it any day of the week.

8. She loves her jammies -- especially her Nick & Nora "sheep jammies" that are too small for her -- and if you ask her what time it is, it's always "time for a nap."

So now, I'm supposed to tag 8 more, so I'm tagging Emmy M., Elijah N., Caroline W., Mallory M., Abigail & Ansley J., Baylor M., and Aiden M. Go forth and conquer!

6 comments:

Sallie said...

LOVE that picture! oh my goodness...I could just eat her up!

Gina said...

Laura, can you e-mail your e-mail address to me please? My mother infiltrated my blog and I had to go private - send it to me and I'll send you an invite. So sorry for the inconvenience!
gtursouth@faulkner.edu

Kim said...

Cute! But the Roll Tide just kills me!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Ethan has never seen Sesame Street either, but also has an Elmo obsession. There must be something about that red creature that is so appealing to preschoolers!

Kelly Litton said...

Avery is soooo beautiful!!! I can't believe how big she is! We miss you guys so much! I can't believe you are going to have 2! I hope we can see you sometime soon!

Give Chad our love!
Kelly

Kim said...

Oh, you are so funny!!! Don't forget No, David! =)