Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My new favorite band





I've been totally blessed with the most fun job EVER! I get to do PR for all sorts of clients, so I meet quite a range of talent.

Chad has done taxes for a band called FLOREZ for the last several months. He came home one day early last fall to tell me that one of the band members had been secretly out of commission for the summer and that he'd just learned why. Erik Huffman, FLOREZ bassist, had been filming Survivor: China!

My mind immediately went into PR mode and I wanted to make sure the guys were taking advantage of Erik's exposure to raise the band's profile. We went to see their show at The Rutledge (a great live music venue, by the way) a couple of months ago and were pleasantly surprised. Not only was the music fantastic, but they also put on a GREAT show.

We all started talking about what could be done through the fall TV season while Survivor was still airing. The biggest challenge was that the band had been going through so many changes and had been on hiatus from performing and recording since Erik had been out of the country.

Erik didn't win the million-dollar prize, but found an adorable girlfriend in the process in fellow contestant Jaime Dugan. The guys have been hitting the studio and recently released their "Yellow Shoes" EP. They're wrapping up recording on another EP to whet their fans' appetites until they're able to record a new full-length album.

I can honestly say that their music is fantastic. I keep 3 of their CDs in my car at all times. Be sure to visit their site and listen! They'll be performing at Exit/In on Saturday, February 23 at 9 p.m. I'll be sure to remind you a little closer to the show.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yep, I remember Erik. He was really cute on the show. And I was so proud of him for announcing on national TV that's he's a virgin! =)

Elizabeth S said...

That is so cool. I thought he looked familiar. My husband and I are huge survivor fans.

Tiffany said...

I saw Erik at whole foods last week and embarrassed my husband by whispering (loudly) that he was from Survivor. I can't wait to check out their music.