Thursday, May 22, 2008

'cause I had a bad day

On the way to Avery's follow-up orthopaedic appointment yesterday, we hit a few bumps in the road.

She wouldn't get into the car on her own. Stuart was not happy to be in his carseat and got angrier the longer it took to wrangle Avery. I ended up chasing her through the yard. After finally buckling her in and calming Stuart down, we headed out and I was lecturing the whole way.

About a mile from our house, I heard banging on top of the car and had a mini panic attack. It was my BlackBerry. Since cursing in front of the children wasn't an option, I just repeated the phrase "I am so angry" over and over again. I made a U-turn on Huntington Parkway and found the phone. I jumped out and saw that it was only the rubber "skin" that protects the device. The BlackBerry itself was several yards down the road. It was terribly scratched but still in one piece -- no doubt because of the skin.

I turned around again and resumed the trip to Vandy. A car pulled out ahead of me and I realized it was an undercover cop pulling over the guy in front of me for speeding. If the BlackBerry hadn't fallen off the roof of my car, it probably would have been me getting pulled over.

So sorry for the posting hiatus. I'm making the adjustment back to work. The transition is manageable, but I'm still getting used to the bumps along the way! Pictures next time...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Mouth was hanging open... sorry about your bad day. =(