Saturday, April 22, 2006

Early start

We got off to an early start this morning. Out the door at 7 a.m. Chad was going to the men's breakfast at church (who can pass up anything prepared by Galen Foster?), so Avery and I teamed up with Sallie and Eli to hit yard sales.

Now when you decide to go to yard sales, you have to be in the right frame of mind. You must expect most of what you see to be pure junk that someone would just throw away if it doesn't sell. You've struck gold if you find a piece of furniture or a pair of stilettos. Sallie found a pair of end tables. I managed to score a dog house. Now Roxy and Major have a duplex!

Our Saturdays are usually dedicated to housework, yardwork and sports. I can't think of any games on television today, so it looks like we'll be working. Before Avery arrived, I thought I'd have plenty of time for cleaning. Boy was I crazy! Naptime, nursing, diaper changing, crying, and all the other baby-raising things disrupt and good housekeeping intentions. So we make Saturday the day to get everything done so we can pass Avery back and forth and help each other cross things off our lists.

Avery's schedule is getting a little more manageable. She's napping at about the same times each day and she isn't demanding to be fed as often. Despite the reduced frequency in feedings, she's growing like a weed! The child is over 12 lbs already. She is becoming a little lady, too. Her face is so animated and she's strong enough to hold her head up really well. She pays attention to our faces when we talk to her and she reacts to our voices and gestures with cooing and babble. However, she tends to coo and babble at the television, too. When we're watching sports, news, or sitcoms, she gets drawn in. We catch her stretching and craning her neck to get where she can see the TV set. This could be trouble!

The little munchkin is down for her nap, so I'd better take advantage of having two free hands. I leave you with a few pictures of her.

Fun time in the floor!
Avery is cooing at "Mom" Troup, Chad's grandmother.
Little Bit is napping in her swing.
Avery doesn't seem very happy with her Easter basket.

Hanging out with our buddy Brax Belville at church on Easter Sunday.
Isn't she a doll?

1 comment:

auburnchica said...

Oh my goodness...had NO idea that you had a baby! She is beautiful!! I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing so well. It's been way too long since I've seen you. I love you and am keeping your family in my prayers!
-Hayley