Friday, April 21, 2006

Just Getting Started

Well, I feel pretty behind. All my mommy friends have blogs, so I figured I should start one up, too. Without family in town, this seems to be the best way to keep everyone up to speed on Avery and what she does and looks like.

She's 12 weeks old now. Shocking. It's incredible how quickly time flies. I'm approaching the end of my maternity leave. It's somewhat bittersweet. I'm loving every minute of getting to know this precious little angel, but I'm eager to get back in the corporate world and make sure I still know how to use my brain. It seems almost as mushy as my midsection some days.

Prior commitments and bad weather have kept us out of the park this week. We've been trying to go every day to walk with the girlfriends and their babies. Last week, there were 6 mommies and 9 babies. We just have to laugh. It's such a blessing, though, that we all get to go through this together. Some days I couldn't do it without them.

So, I guess that's a good start to my first blog entry. I'll leave you with a picture of Avery and one of her boyfriends, Eli James Miller, at about 3 weeks old. More to come later . . .

No comments: