Thursday, June 01, 2006

Night Owl

We've got a new child on our hands. Avery is doing SO much better since getting an antibiotic. She is back to her normal, happy self. However, she doesn't seem to want to go to bed. She's wide awake right now, watching me blog. Maybe it's the medicine, but she didn't take much of a nap today either. I just hope she's wiped out by the time I'm ready to turn in for the night.

Amid all the chaos of her being sick, I completely forgot to document the 4-month check-up that happened the same time as her sick visit to Dr. Morel. She is now 13 lbs., 12 oz. and 25 1/2 inches long. It looks like her birth girth means nothing at all, because all the boys in our life group have taken off in size.

We sat around watching the spelling bee after dinner tonight. When I heard it would be on ABC Prime Time tonight, I thought they were nuts and would lose viewership. However, I found myself sucked in, rooting for the little spellers. The winner correctly spelled ursprache. I now feel compelled to use the word in a sentence this week. Probably won't happen.

I also heard today that Anna Nicole Smith was pregnant. Quite often, I question my parenting skills, but after hearing that (and recalling the recent blunders of Britney Spears,) I feel like Super Mom! I'm pretty proud of my girl and my confidence is building as I see all the amazing milestones she hits along the way.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You're an awesome mom! At least you were to all of us. =)