Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm an aunt!

My niece, Caroline Marie Streling, was born Saturday afternoon in Huntsville, AL. She is so beautiful! She was born at 3:55 p.m. and was 8 lbs., 8 oz., and 20 inches long. Julie was a powerhouse and did great during the delivery. She and Shawn are going to be great parents. I'll post pictures later. I took plenty!

When babies are born, I can't help but be overwhelmed with the responsibility that God has given us to raise a child of His. He entrusted us with the job of housing His little workshop where He knitted our children together in our womb. He formed us all from nothing and His plan for us is perfect. I am in awe. It makes everything else seem so petty and insignificant.

On another note, Chad's parents told us they were ready for us to have more kids. Wow! Didn't see that one coming!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Two beautiful girls aren't enough for them? Some grandparents:) Just joking...My parents (and sister) wish we were having more too. They'll just have to wait for my sister to start having some of her own

Scarlett said...

Yeah, the grandparents are always ready for more.....that's all John's mom has talked about for a few months......well, it turns out that I'm now pregnant. I think she put some kind of fertility herbs in my food b/c we weren't expecting this one! I'm due October 28th!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

congratulations!!!