Monday, March 10, 2008

Still pregnant


My due date has come and gone. Just like Avery, this child is quite content in the familiar comfort of my womb and has decided to stay inside.

Going to church was really tough yesterday. I actually dreaded it because I knew I'd get a thousand comments like "you mean you haven't had that baby yet" and "what are you doing here?" Besides that, I get random people rubbing my belly and talking to it. I'm not terribly uncomfortable being poked in the belly, but I'm most bothered by the fact that people don't ask to touch. They just touch. I read an article on BabyCenter about how to handle that situation. One gal said she just rubs people back if they touch without asking. Then they get the idea! Hilarious!

I'm definitely not complaining about going full term (and then some) with this baby. So many people have a hard time carrying babies, have difficult pregnancies, or can't get pregnant at all. We are blessed.

The latest news we have is that I go to the doctor tomorrow for a non-stress test and possibly a biophysical profile to make sure everything is okay in there. If the baby hasn't arrived on its own by Friday, I'll be induced. I REALLY don't want to be induced. I'd like to go into labor on my own so I'm not a "watched pot." I'd prefer to labor at home without induction drugs. Please pray for us! I'll update when we have more news.

7 comments:

Drew said...

is that your silhoutte? you look to skinny! congratulations! i look forward to tacos fajitas and quesadillas de pollo con sus ninas y esposo.

Kim said...

Good luck good luck good luck! That is hilarious- rubbing someone else's belly. =) I would have such territorial issues. I wouldn't want people constantly touching my own stomach if I weren't close to them. Yuck!

Kelly Litton said...

I was late with Anna Lee too. I am thinking about you, as I know you are MORE than ready for your sweet baby to arrive!

I was NOT a fan of the belly rubbing! I once had a cashier at Bed Bath and Beyond actually lean over the counter and rub my belly. Talk about awkward! I wish I had rubbed her back!

the millers said...

Hey friend! I know you are so ready! It will be over soon! I wish I was there to help take your mind off of it! Love you!

Jillina said...

Oh hang in there soon you'll have that sweet baby in your arms.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Is that Tim's Romans cartoon?!

I hear congrats are in order!

Kim said...

Congratulations on Stuart Benton!!! Love you. Post soon so everyone will know the stats. =)