Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stuart at home


My sweet boy's chubby cheeks

Proud big sister before church

Bonding with Uncle Ben

Our first few days at home have been interesting. We're just trying to get used to having an extra person in the house. Probably the toughest thing is that I'm not allowed to pick up Avery for 2 more weeks. She always wants to be held. And when she goes down for a nap or bedtime, I can't put her in the bed or get her out. Aarg!

I'm also trying to get used to teeny tiny diaper changes -- on a BOY! I've been peed on quite a bit. Stuart has quite the range! He has been so good, though. He's nursing well. He even slept well last night. We always worry about his being fussy at night and the risk that he might wake up his big sister. So far, she has snoozed right on through the night.

Stuart had a doctor visit yesterday. The hospitalist encouraged us to go see the pediatrician before the 1-week mark due to the risk that I might have passed GBS to Stuart. He checked out great, though. He was almost back to his birth weight already (even though he feels so tiny) and had great reflexes. We were very encouraged by being there.

Now the challenge will be adjusting to Chad's being back at work. Say a little prayer!

6 comments:

Sallie said...

he's so precious, Laura!! I can't wait to hold him!!!

The Wessons said...

He is adorable. I am sure it is an adjustment from having a girl to having a boy

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a dear! Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you all!

Dr. Staggs delivered the twins for us.

Way to go natural with a baby Goliath! I'm impressed!

Beautiful family.

hugs,
Alice Griffith, still waiting

stan, tasha, isabella and gabrielle said...

Laura,
He's beautiful. I bet Avery loves being a big sister. Congrats!

Kim said...

Good luck to when you have to do it on your own. Yikes. You and 2 kiddies.
And Ben has gotten so big!!! =)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

congratulations-hes beautiful!