Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Goliath


Stuart had his 1-month checkup today. Our big boy is now 11 lbs., 11 oz. and 23 1/4 inches long. That puts him in the 95th percentile! When he was born, Alice Griffith lovingly dubbed him "Baby Goliath," so I guess it's gonna stick!

Yesterday, Avery found funfetti frosting in the pantry and begged me to help her bake me a birthday cake since I didn't have one last week. The cake turned out great and she went into sugar shock from licking the spoon. Aside from a broken egg on the counter, we managed to keep the kitchen fairly clean. I'm raising a little Betty Crocker!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Baby Goiliath, I envy your brawn and great size! Mama says if I don't gain weight this week (and plenty of it) the pediatrician is going to lecture again. Doesn't he know I'm still supposed to be cooking? I'm not even due for 10 more days! Sleeping is way more my speed.

Baby Goliath, I hate to tell you this, but you are bustin outta that bassinet.

I am still swimming around in the cradle that my great-grandfather slept in (in 1893). Pretty cool that they kept these artifacts around, just for us, huh?

Let's get together soon, and you can steal my lunch money and send me home crying.

Love,
Todd Griffith

my mom can take dictation while I nurse--COOL!

Kim said...

Ha ha! Baby Goliath! I'm glad he's not a little weakling skinny baby. =)
How fun to bake with Avery. What a way to make that birthday last. =)

JodiMit said...

They both are too cute!