Monday, June 30, 2008

Blog break

Hello fellow bloggers! So sorry for the hiatus from blogging. I've had plenty to blog about, but have felt guilty for not having pictures to accompany a post. Gonna have to get over that.

The big news of the day is that I got to the chiropractor today. On Friday, while leaving the Y pool, a lady was impatiently waiting on my parking space. (Don't rush me! I've got two kids and a boatload of stuff.) I was trying to hurry for her and in the process, I popped something in my back while putting the stroller in the trunk. I thought I might be able to sleep it off or just stretch it out, but this morning it was horrible. The first appointment I could get with Dr. Graves was 3:15, but I wasn't waiting another day.

By the time 3:15 rolled around, it was hurting to breathe deeply. When I told the doctor that, he was pretty sure he already knew what was wrong. Some strategic pressing around confirmed that I somehow popped my ribs out in my upper back! He adjusted the front and back. (I had no idea you could pop ribs at your sternum.) He told me I wouldn't get relief immediately -- and I definitely haven't felt better yet -- but that some Aleve and an ice pack would help. I'd normally go back in a couple of days for another adjustment, but he's out the rest of the week for federal jury duty! Kill me! I have to wait until Monday.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to avoid lifting Stuarts mammoth carseat but still be able to get out of the house...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Aw, bless your heart. You can NOT get a back injury with 2 kids to chase! Wish I was there to help you out.

Za and Krishon said...

What! This is a mini nightmare. Impatient parking stalking lady and incorrect bone placement? Geez. Maybe Stuart will lighten up on the weight gaining program and give you a little relief until your Chiro gets back, ha!