Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Negligence

Wow. It's been a while. Sorry Blogger. You've had to take a back seat to the chaos for a bit. Our lives have overflowed with stuff. You know what I mean -- the normal, everyday tasks that fill the calendar.

Why does it take 45 minutes to do something now that used to take only 15 before children???

Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. (Although many days I threaten to throw the kiddos in day care and go back to Thomas Nelson.) We are blessed by the luxury of one income supporting our family. I get to help develop my children's brains and personalities. I get to be the one to teach them about manners, motor skills, and how the world works.

Never mind the dirty dishes in the sink, the Magic Eraser markings on the dining room wall from scrubbing off crayon, the puzzle pieces in the floor, the unmade beds, or the fact that I haven't had a shower yet today. I am a mom and that is the coolest job in the world because I got an Eskimo kiss from my sweet girl and a toothless grin from my adorable boy.

And I've just been informed that someone needs a new diaper...

2 comments:

Mylie and Me said...

Amen sister!

It was good to see you the other day. Hope all are well at your house!

Karen said...

what a cute, very sweet, and all too true post!