Thursday, August 28, 2008

Carolina Wedding Weekend

She did it!!!!! Avery made it down the aisle as a flower girl! I was so proud. We had a wonderful weekend in Asheville, North Carolina to witness Tiffany Stovall and Paul Erwin commit their lives to each other at the Deer Park Courtyard at the Biltmore Estate. It was a whirlwind weekend starting with a rehearsal and dinner at the River Bend Farm on the Biltmore property. I've never seen such a fancy dinner in a barn!

Avery crashed on the ride over from my parents' house to the rehearsal.
Avery and Maddie became fast friends and found a table just their size.
Avery was very proud of the puzzle "Miss Tiffy" got for her.
The Johnson Hall girls
I somehow managed to get through the weekend without pictures of the bridesmaid brunch at the Biltmore Inn. It was amazing food and a beautiful spread in a private dining room. The photographer arrived when we finished eating so we could get some photos on the Inn grounds. Here's a link to the photographer's blog so you can see them.
After brunch, we all started getting ready and boarded a shuttle that drove us around the property so we could get pictures wherever we wanted them. Tiffany tried not to sit down and wrinkle her dress. She looks like a glammed-up tour guide here.
Tiffany and the bridesmaids in front of the mansion. L to R: me, Tara Erwin, Kelsey Byers, Jodi Mitchell, Tiffany, Benae Aultman, Lindsey Crites, Aimee Cronin, Kim Collins
Avery and I got to strike a pose and wish we could live in "the big house."
Possibly the only family photo we got (at least we got one!), but Stuart was at my parents' house and missed out.
I love Avery's expression in this shot. She was having so much fun being a little princess.
We were impatiently waiting on another wedding party to get finished so we could snap a few pictures near the fountain.
Chad found bribery in the form of cookies & cream ice cream so Avery would cooperate with all the picture taking.
The entire wedding party on the front lawn.

I love how tiny Avery looks sipping water to stay cool during pictures.
This little whimsical shot is getting enlarged and framed. Love it!
We were shaking it down on the dance floor. She was a trooper for surviving such a late night.
I might be able to steal more photos from friends for later, but that's it for now. Thanks Tiffany and Paul for a great weekend! Congratulations!

6 comments:

Kim said...

YEA!!! Great pictures!!! Please send me the set to my hotmail. I'd appreciate it!! I'm depending on y'all for my pics. So great, so great, so great to see you! Love you- mean it! =)

Nancy said...

Laura,
I'm so glad finally to see pictures of my favorite little flower girl.

The Houston's said...

Oh, Avery looks adorable!! That dress is precious!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Avery looks adorable, as always!

The Wessons said...

Avery looks so cute! I love the new background.

Drew said...

you looked great! your daughter is lovely! your husband is a lucky, studly man. please tell him to call me.

hope to see you guys soon.