Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Impromptu Roadtrip

Saturday, we jumped in the car and headed to Florence to my best friend's studio to get Stuart's 6-month pictures done. (I cannot believe he's already 6 months old!!!) We started kidding around about how we were already half way to Tuscaloosa and that we should go try to get tickets to the game.

I sent a text message to Eli Gold, play by play announcer for the Crimson Tide, who is a client of mine. I told him that we were thinking about coming down and asked him if I'd get to see him. He told me that he'd be free between 2:30 and 4 and that we could come up to the press box!!!! I replied back to tell him that we hadn't gotten tickets yet but that I'd call him if we headed that way. He immediately called me and told me that he had left tickets in my name at his hotel! How sweet is that?!?!?!?

So we zipped to a department store and bought Crimson Tide apparel and hit the road. We borrowed my grandparents' camera and bailed on 'em. (They understood, of course.)

The Tide wasn't rolling too well Saturday, but we pulled off a win against Tulane and the kids got their first-ever Alabama football experience.

After the game, we all hiked back to the car (should've seen our blisters!) and headed home. We didn't get home until 3 a.m., so Sunday afternoon was dedicated to the mother of all naps!

Thanks, Eli, for a great day! We had a ball!

My sweet Alabama Girl

Stuart in his new duds with Grandma

We even got to catch up with my aunt Amy (all 3 of her kids are students at Alabama this year)

Scoping out the new talent during warmups

Coach Nick Saban

Yet another hot dog (Avery tells us she prefers "cold dogs")

Wide-eyed doll got mesmerized by the action!

Stuart was soaking it all in, too!

9 comments:

Emily Jo said...

Your kids are sooo stinkin' cute!

The Blankinships said...

how exciting!! i'm so glad you had so much fun. way to fly by the seat of your pants (or diapers).

Za and Krishon said...

fun! I can't believe Stuart has been here half a year either.

The Houston's said...

That is so fun! And my favorite part is that you went to buy new outfits! Perfect!

Stressed and Distressed said...

WOW!! Eli Gold! I love hearing his voice, it's totally Alabama football to me!! Roll Tide!

susanv said...

Too bad Eli couldn't hook you up with a parking pass! We had a long hike to the game as well, but we left our kiddos at home.

Katie said...

brandon would of loved it. he's headed down there this saturday. check out www.alafreakinbama.com...our neighbor 's publishing company is promoting it and it's suppose to be a big hit in alabama.

Crystal Whitaker said...

I love your story. What in the world do you do where you get to work with him? We are Auburn fans ourself, but it makes for a good story.

Kim said...

What a fun day! =)