Saturday, September 13, 2008

To answer your questions

Yes, Eli Gold is one of my clients. I've done book publicity for his most recent two titles, Bear's Boys: 36 Men Whose Lives Were Changed by Coach Paul Bryant, and Crimson Nation: The Shaping of the South's Most Dominant Football Team. Eli Gold is the play-by-play announcer for the Alabama Crimson Tide Football team and has a very distinct voice. He has become a friend.


I first got to know Eli while working at Thomas Nelson Publishers. I was marketing director while Crimson Nation was being published. I was thrilled to be working on the project because I grew up in Alabama and have been a fan of the Tide as long as I can remember.

I left Thomas Nelson to stay at home with Avery, so when they got ready to publish Bear's Boys, I took on the publicity for his signing events and solicited reviews with my friend and business partner Lola.

Both books have been wildly successful, especially among Alabama fans. We've had several sell-out autographing events and tailgate parties. What a ball!

In the process, I've gotten to know Eli well and have come to enjoy Alabama football even more. Roll Tide!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I'll have to pick up these books.

~Stan