Monday, February 02, 2009

Catching up

At a Super Bowl party last night, I was asked if my mom was mad at me. Confused, I said, "I don't think so. Why?" The response I got was incriminating. "Because you haven't blogged in so long." Yikes. I'm in trouble.

The last few weeks have been VERY FULL. I'll have to start with Christmas and catch up. I'll apologize in advance if you're overwhelmed by the photos and multitude of posts in one day. Deep breath. Here goes...
Avery left out cookies, one of the brownies she'd made for baby Jesus's birthday, a glass of milk, and some carrots for the reindeer. She was very proud of herself.
Avery and Stuart had matching snowflake jammies (or "jammas" as she calls them)
Stuart just seemed overwhelmed on Christmas morning. Eventually, he got into the festivities.
Avery showed Stuart how to play with his little tikes sports center.
Stuart really enjoyed the wrapping paper.
Avery got to play Santa at the Troup Christmas and was THRILLED with her Alabama cheerleader dress.
Chad's grandmother ("Mom") was happy to get her hands on the great-grandchildren.
Stuart was right at home in Mom's lap.
After heading back to Nashville to wash clothes and repack, we hit the road to NC to see my parents. Papa is just happy to get the kiddos for a few days.
Uncle Ben (a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill) got Stuart a Hansbrough jersey so they could match on game day.
Chad and I got away for a couple of days and headed up the mountain for some skiing and relaxing without the children.
On the way home, Avery showed off her Magnadoodle skills. This is her first freehand cat. How 'bout that?
On the drive back to Nashville, Stuart popped the lenses out of my old sunglasses and Avery thought they were way cool!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Now I'm happy again!

Kim said...

Thank you! =) Stuart is looking so old.