Thursday, January 25, 2007

Posting

I jump on Blogger every day. No kidding. Every day. I check to see if anyone has commented and I read everyone else's blogs. I complain to myself when there's nothing new on some of them (for example, Ginger Willingham hasn't posted since June), but then I realize that other people are probably doing the same with my blog -- checking to see who has posted and realizing that Laura Troup still hasn't blogged. Sorry!

Lately, I've felt like I haven't had anything to blog about. My life seems overwhelmingly boring even to me right now. My friend, Lola, and I are still working around the clock to solicit media coverage on next week's opening of Petite Boutique. I was there at the store today as Talk of the Town was on site taping a segment about the store to air Wednesday, January 31. The store looks fantastic. All the clothes and accessories aren't in yet and all the fixtures aren't up yet, but you wouldn't know it. In fact, while we were there, people kept popping in, not realizing that the store wasn't open yet. Those petites are ready to shop! Laurie and Lori (the owners) have really put their blood, sweat and tears into this place and it shows. I'm so excited to be a part of it.

Other than that, I'm boring. A couple of posts ago, I was talking about Avery's schedule and how good it was for us. It is good, but it keeps us tied to the house sometimes. I have a hard time doing anything but parenting and grocery shopping. I'm still volunteering at Kirkpatrick Elementary, but I just about have to pull my hair out to ensure that I've got a babysitter for Avery each week. It's virtually impossible. (I wonder if I can convince any of our family to move here to be "on call" sitters.) I wish I could drag Avery along to the school with me, but she'd be such a distraction.

On another note, this time last year, I was majorly in labor. I was starving since I was told I couldn't eat after I went into labor. I wasn't aware that my labor would be 40 hours or I would've grabbed a meal as soon as contractions started. I'm glad to have eaten today.

I'll definitely share the rest of the story tomorrow. For now, I'm off to whip up dinner. Laura DePasquale (she'll always be Laura Ellis to me, though) and her husband Eric are coming over for dinner and prime time TV tonight. Should be fun! Till next time . . .

3 comments:

Christy said...

I do the same thing with blogs. I know most of the time it will not be anything new, but I can't stop myself from checking. We had fun with Avery today...bring her back anytime:)

JodiMit said...

I look at your blog daily so please just write something to keep me looking! I am glad that your life is boring and I want to read about it! I wish I lived closer to watch Avery! Have a GREAT Day! Love you!

Kim said...

Laura Ellen Posey Troup!!! You are not boring. I love to hear the little details about your life. It helps me to be closer to you. Write anything and everything- don't worry, I'll skip it if it's boring. But I like to hear it.
I didn't know you were volunteering at an elem. school. How fun! What grade?
And, Happy Birthday to Avery!! I'll call you later. =) Love you.