Monday, January 29, 2007

Checkup

I took Avery for her one-year checkup this morning, bright and early. We try to get the earliest appointment so we can be home in time for a nap. It was terribly cold this morning, so we bundled up tight. Avery thinks that bundling is hilarious since her hood has faux fur around it and it tickles her face. I love it!

I digress. We started out in the waiting room where Avery banged on the fish tank (poor frightened-out-of-their-gills fish) and made friends with a Hispanic toddler. When Debi, our nurse called us back, Avery got a little gun shy. I stripped her down to her diaper (which she loves), but she just about had a meltdown when Debi tried to measure her head. She checked her weight (19 lbs, 13.2 oz) and length (29 1/4 in) and we waited for Dr. Morel by reading really old magazines.

When Dr. Morel entered, Avery seemed a bit more relaxed until I had to hold her down to let Dr. Morel listen to her heart and lungs and have her ears, nose, and throat checked. She screamed so loud that I was barely able to hear my questions answered about milk and naps and all the other oh-so-important parenting topics. I think I got the gist of it.

I reclothed Avery—all but her cargo pants—and Debi returned with needles. Again, Avery flipped out. Three shots. She has turned into a really loud crier. Bless. Nevertheless, we survived and earned sparkly bandaids for our trouble. She's been a little angel the rest of the day.

I also made my modeling debut this afternoon, showing off some of the styles from Petite Boutique on NBC's More at Midday. I've grown quite fond of an adorable pair of heels from there. Can't wait until the store opens Thursday!

Last thing: photos have been posted from Avery's birthday party. They are a featured event on the Jennifer Photography website.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow. LOVED the pictures of Avery's birthday. You are so blessed to have Jen as a friend. The slideshow and music were great. I know you'll treasure it forever.
The presents- what jewelry did she get in the black box?

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

how sweet! love the pics on the site! she is so cute! congrats on surviving one year!