Monday, February 19, 2007

Girls' Night Out

We had a really great weekend. On Friday, Chad, Avery, and I grabbed dinner and then went to see Baby Elijah Norman. He's precious. Congratulations Bart & Kristen!

On Saturday, we woke up to snow! And it was still coming down. Avery got a cute little stepstool for her birthday from her buddy Jay, so she's been sliding it up to the window to climb on so she can see outside. Saturday was a lazy day filled with lounging in front of the TV and folding laundry. I even got a little nap in.

Saturday afternoon, I bundled up and headed out - ALONE! - to meet my friend Keeley for a matinee and dinner. Keeley and her husband, Gene, just moved back to Nashville from Charlotte, NC. Her mom and my mom were college roomies, so we've known each other all our lives. We met up at the movies and saw Music and Lyrics. It was pretty cute. Definitely glad I saw it with Keeley instead of Chad. He doesn't exactly appreciate chick flicks.

Then we headed to Smokey Bones for dinner. Gene is the manager there and I'm a HUGE fan of their ribs. We got in some good girl chatter and gave the snow time to finish falling. It's really nice to have a close friend here now. We were able to pick right up where we left off. I'm going to enjoy spending time with her again.

On the way home, I saw several pileups (I assume due to ice.) Some people don't know how to drive in adverse weather. STAY OFF THE ROAD!!!!

Sunday morning, our neighborhood streets were a skating rink (that one's for you, Gene!) We drove carefully to church and had a great morning. We wasted the afternoon away napping and then returned to church for the Baby Blessing. Otter Creek is full of little munchkins. Janet and Melanie, our children's ministers, must put something in the water to affect the congregation's fertility. Job security, I'm sure.

Well, so it's Monday, and a holiday at that. I love a fresh start. Have a great week, everybody!

1 comment:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

glad you had such a great weekend! I must say im jealous of the snow. either snow or turn to spring, one but dont make it so miserable here in Montgomery! ;(