Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today is my sweet husband's birthday. I noticed Phil Wilson's blog yesterday about his wife Sheryl's birthday and thought it was so sweet the way he spoke of their budding romance in college.

Chad and I met in college, too. He and his roommate were throwing an Alabama football outside the dorm during his freshman year (yes, I'm robbing the cradle) when I was walking by from the far parking lot. One of them missed the ball and it came rolling my way. We introduced ourselves and briefly discussed our mutual affection for Crimson Tide football (in the good years and bad). We were acquaintances through the next couple of years and our paths crossed again in the Spring of 2001 for a Sigma Iota Delta function when Chad was pledging. Our first date was at the Jack Daniels Distillery!

I really enjoyed his company and found myself sorting through my feelings when he was at the beach for Spring Break. When he returned to campus, we started spending more and more time together and then had the dreaded DTR talk (define the relationship.) We decided to start it off with prayer and we prayed every day (even when we broke up for a couple of weeks in 2002.) Then our relationship came full circle when Chad asked me to marry him after the Iron Bowl in November 2002.

I am so blessed by our marriage. Chad is the best friend I could ask for. We truly enjoy spending time together. We get along. We laugh a lot. We have a wonderful daughter together. Chad is my world.

So Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I love you.

2 comments:

Jodi Mitchell said...

You are too funny! The relationship run down was brought up great memories. Happy Birthday Chad!

amanda said...

what a sweet story.
War Eagle!!