Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Public Apology

I need to publicly apologize to the poor soul I was impatient with on the road today. When I thought she was changing lanes too slowly (and dangerously), she was really having some sort of car trouble. She could tell I was impatient because she mouthed the words "I'm sorry" when I drove past her.

Like a coward, I was too embarrassed to turn around and find out if she needed any help. I just hung my head and finished my drive home.

I've got to learn patience. Too many times in my day I am short with people -- even those I'm closest to -- and I'm a poor reflection of Christ in my day. I am at my worst when I am behind the wheel, too.

So dear, sweet, frustrated, embarrassed driver on the road: I'm so sorry for my behavior today. I hope you can forgive me!

1 comment:

Christy said...

We all have those days my friend. Patience is a big thing we are working on in this house and not just the kids:)