Friday, September 28, 2007

The Manipulator

My child is a con artist. She knows how to get what she wants. The bargaining comes mainly at naptime and bedtime. Since she was sick during the last weekend and the first part of this week, her schedule has been a bit "off." A little leniency when she's sick makes her think she can get away with anything.

She uses her sweetest face when making requests and she always says "peeeeese" with her little head cocked to the side. Kill me. I'm a sucker for the cute face.

From what I understand, it gets worse as they get older. Great. What have I gotten myself into? How soon is it to start using the phrase "because I said so"?

4 comments:

The Blankinships said...

yeah, but if i were as stinkin cute as she is, i'd try to get away with whatever i wanted too! oh, and i think that "because i said so" is a perfectly good reason for just about any question.

Mary Alice said...

oh girl, it DOES get worse! (but it's not always bad, it can actually be quite entertaining!)

and as for the "because i said so" line...just wait until she says it back to you! that's where we are right now. just about every sentence contains either the word "because", "now" or "want"!

wouldn't trade him for the world, though! =)

Abigail and Ansley said...

I truly believe that my children are smarter than I am sometimes...at least they are good at "manipulating!" Ha! She is beautiful!

Whitney said...

Laura, congrats on the new good news! I'm a little late, I know...but I'm just getting around to reading everyone's blogs for updates! That's so exciting!