Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Michigan who?



What a thrilling weekend of football! As most of you know, I profess faithfully to be an Alabama football fan. However, DEFINITELY the game of the weekend was the matchup between Michigan and Appalachian State.

My brother John just graduated from App this summer, so I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon blindly. App really shouldn't have been considered the underdog. They've won the last two 1AA national championships and were ranked #1 in the polls again. Michigan was #5. (Not any more!)

John and his friends watched the game from the Hickory Tavern near my parents' house. He said that people were standing on the tables during the last couple of minutes of the game. I can only imagine the chaos! Chad and I watched the re-airing on CSS last night. It was amazing how action-packed the last minute of the game was. Even though I already knew the outcome, I was on the edge of my seat. (It's like watching Titanic!)

We were supposed to spend the weekend in Hilton Head. However, the monsoon rains drove us out. As soon as we were off the island, the clouds parted. We drove up from there to my parents' house to enjoy better weather. I'll be sure to post pictures of our mini-vacation when I get them from Mom.













2 comments:

Kim said...

Awww that stinks- that you had to leave Hilton Head.

Kim said...

ps- War Eagle. =)=)=)
love you!