Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is Mother's Day. My first with a child of my own. However, last year's was just about as special because it was the day we found out we were expecting Avery. Let's go back . . . the Saturday before, we took a pregnancy test that was supposed to show a plus sign if it was positive. It looked funny, so we decided we weren't pregnant. The next day, we took a digital test and it confirmed our suspicions. It was a pretty special day.

Today was pretty special, too. Chad and Avery woke me up with roses and a card. We went to lunch at Big River Grille and came home for a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake! It's amazing to think that I'm a mom. It's even more shocking to realize that my mom is a grandmother now. She's not old enough to be a grandmother!

Being a mom now makes me appreciate my mother even more than I already did. There are so many tiny little things that I never realized moms did. And I never knew how much she really loved me until I had Avery and felt the deepest, purest love I've ever known. It's a love that children don't have to earn. It was as if God planted a mother's love for her child deep into her heart while he was knitting the child together in the mother's womb. Amazing!

Avery rolled over for the first time today, too. We were so proud! She is advancing and growing every day. She does a new "trick" every week. And she is the happiest, sweetest child I've ever been around. We are pretty lucky to have such an easygoing baby.

My blessings are too numerous to count. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hope Avery enjoys her Jumperoo as much as Emmy did. She could spend (what seemed like) hours jumping. I miss that little kangaroo's song!