Friday, May 05, 2006

Still in STL

I can't believe how quickly this week has flown by. I know it's because I start back to work next week. At least it's part time so I can stay sane. But I'm going back with a bang. I fly out Sunday night to Los Angeles and back on Monday for a really fast meeting with the Red Hat Society. We're publishing their cookbook this summer, so we're nailing down all the final marketing plans. The book is going to be incredible! All the best recipes from the country's most extravagant gotta-love-life women.

Chad's auditing class wrapped up today in St. Louis, so we went up in the arch. Avery fell asleep right before we got in the tram to the top. We took pictures of her by the window and next to the elevation sign so that one day we can prove to her that she has been there. We left the camera cord in Nashville, so I'll have to post those pictures when we get back home.

While Chad was in class today, Avery and I hunted for the post office to mail my dad's birthday present. While we were out, we grabbed lunch. There are not many places to eat in St. Louis. I found a Qdoba restaurant, but I had to circle the parking lot 4 times before I found a parking space. And we realized that the line was out the door. Then it dawns on me that it's Cinco de Mayo. Bad idea. But we had no other choice. The place was packed with high school kids (they get free soft drinks on Fridays) and business people drinking Corona on their lunch break. Any excuse for a beer for some folks, I guess.

We had dinner with my friend Jodi and her fiance' Paul. Jodi and I always have a good time, but I feel like I got to know Paul. He is a great guy and he and Jodi make a pretty good couple. It's going to be fun watching her get married and start a family. She has always been the Mother Hen to our group of college friends. She took great care of me after my car accident in college and ever since has made herself responsible for the well-being of the rest of us. It will be neat to see her with her own kids one day.

Well, that's all for tonight. I'm sure I'll have plenty to add when we get home. Till then . . .


No comments: