Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gateway to the West

Chad, Avery and I are in St. Louis, MO, this week. Chad has an audit conference at the Adam's Mark Hotel, so Avery and I are killing time in the city. We arrived last night in time for dinner. Not wanting to risk getting lost on our first night, we went to T.G.I.Friday's. They seated us in the non-smoking section RIGHT next to the smoking section. We had to be moved so our infant daughter wouldn't smell like an ashtray. But dinner was fantastic.

This morning, Avery slept quite late. We loaded up the stroller and hit up the local Starbuck's for breakfast. I'm almost convinced that no one in St. Louis has ever seen a baby. People everywhere were stopping me to coo at Avery and ask questions about her. Absurd.

We went to Famous-Barr department store afterward. I'm hunting for the perfect birthday gift for my dad. I managed to find everything else but that gift while I was at the store. My dad is hard to buy for. What do you get for the guy who has everything?

I digress. We played around at Famous-Barr long enough to allow Mother Nature to brew up a little storm outside. We were trapped. We had walked 6 blocks from the hotel and I didn't have an umbrella. I waited for the rain to let up and made a run for it. We zipped from awning to awning, popped in Panera Bread for lunch and got back to the hotel only slightly drenched. The first of many adventures this week, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Lincoln said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time! You will have to let me know how it is taking your kiddo on vacation. We are thinking of taking Lincoln this summer, but I worry it will be way too much work! Glad to hear so far so good! Love Trish and Lincoln