Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Know, I Know

It's been over a week since my last post. But I have an excuse! I've been in Florence visiting my family while Chad was in Selma, Alabama for his last audit trip. Hooray! I haven't been chained to my computer like I usually am. Lola and I are gearing up for a new campaign, so in the interim I'm trying to get in all my visitin'.

My first day at my grandparents, my Grandpa patted my belly, thinking I was pregnant. I quickly scolded him and informed him that pregnancy was being prevented and that my empire waist shirt was completely in style right now. I also told him NEVER to assume a woman is pregnant until she tells him herself. Men!

Avery has been honking like the geese in the lake out back, but not on purpose. She has a cough that is finally breaking up, but now she's got a mid-grade fever and hasn't been interested in food (which is TOTALLY not like her!) She's pitiful. I just hope she sleeps well tonight.

No pictures today -- again. Sorry! I've gotta upload the latest when I get back to Nashvegas. Till then . . .

7 comments:

Christy said...

We've missed you...hope you had fun.

P.S. THAT is exactly why I do not wear those shirts!! They remind me of all those maternity shirts:)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

HILARIOUS!!! Some teenager asked her mom the other day that very thing because i was wearing an empire waist. If I were wearing a normal shirt i would have cried, but I will now brush it off on the fact that i was wearing an empire shirt.

Kim said...

Okay, my eyes jumped to the word "pregnant," and my heart nearly stopped. I surely hope when that time comes, I don't find out on the blog. =)
I know you've had fun in AL. And I know you looked cute in your shirt. =) I still feel a little funny wearing mine- even though they're so popular.

Heather said...

I LOVE that empire waist shirts are in this season -- they hide the jiggly belly I still have from carrying Em 3 years ago!!! Now, if [the proverbial] "they" could just bring back longer length capris, all would be well in my wardrobe world!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

Man, Major Grandpa faux pas.

the millers said...

SO TIME FOR AN UPDATE...I know I'm one to talk...but seriously! I need pictures of Little Miss Thang!!! (that's Avery, in case you were confused!) Love ya!

Clarissa said...

I've done that to people before -- before I had kids, that is, like as a teen. There've been many times over the last 8 years or so that I've been asked when I was due (Not so much anymore, though I do have one of those shirts.) I just say, "a year ago" or however long it's been since the last one. And I mean the LAST one. We're at 3 1/2 years now!! Moving on!!!