Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Biggie Smalls



My little man isn't so little. I changed my status this morning to say something like "Laura is ready to see how much Baby Goliath weighs." A few moments later, a friend wrote on my wall to say "I'm just hoping Goliath is not really the poor child's name!" Bless. I don't know that anyone in history has named their child Goliath since the Biblical standoff with the boy David. Stigma, right?
Stuart is thriving. At his checkup this morning, he weighed in at 17 lbs, 2.2 oz. I thought for sure he'd be 18 lbs. But he's in the 97th percentile. Same for length. 26 3/4 inches. And his head is 43 cm. That's 75th.
Stuart started the appointment off in a great mood, but time wore on and he got sleepy and cranky. The 4 immunization shots at the end of the appointment pushed him over the edge, but he easily fell asleep on the way home. The huge neon bandaids on his thunder thighs just make him look pitiful. Poor guy.
Okay, off to the sewing machine. This is Avery's next-to-last day of Mother's Day Out before Labor Day, so I MUST finish her flower girl dress for Tiffany's wedding. She asks me every few hours if it's ready for her to wear yet. Do you think she might be excited?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what I am talking about. A big BOY! I think he may have Jay beat because he always hits the 90% group. He is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I like "Biggie Smalls". It is so fitting. I can't believe how ginormous Stuart is. Campbell will never be able to catch up to that!! None the less, he is adorable.

Drew said...

lots of pictures... :)

p.s. las americas called and they said that they have reserved a table for 5 and 2 halfs.

Kim said...

Awwww. I can't wait to see how big he is as an adult. =)

Clarissa said...

I'm glad it's Stuart and not Goliath. I was VERY concerned.
;-)