Monday, July 21, 2008




Five years ago Saturday, I married my best friend! I can hardly believe how quickly time has passed. (We look so much younger in our pictures!) We've been blessed with two beautiful children and are looking forward to many more years together.

Chad got me some beautiful diamond earrings (and I was VERY surprised!) I always try to go the traditional route. The traditional fifth anniversary gift is wood, so I got Chad a Japanese maple tree for our yard. We've always wanted one, so I suppose this is the perfect occasion.

We went to dinner Saturday night without the children (hooray for adult conversation!!!), but we're planning a weekend getaway -- just the two of us -- as soon as possible. We need it.

While our wedding day was incredibly special to me, we've made so many more amazing memories since then, so I'm dying to see what else is in store for us.

5 comments:

Leslie Ware said...

Happy Anniversary--I don't think you look one bit older!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sallie said...

Happy Anniversary, sweet friends!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

And seriously, y'all don't look any older! ;)

Malia

Kim said...

Congrats! Happy Anniversary. I can't believe he got you diamond earrings! Wow.