Thursday, July 03, 2008

Mommy, what's that?


She's a funny kid -- so curious and interested in everything she sees. Her favorite thing to do lately is point out something she's spied and ask me what it is. "Mommy, what's that?"

I've done my share of explaining -- scabs, food, freckles, and my favorite: clumpy accumulation of deodorant in my armpit. That's her favorite, and probably mine, so far.

It's also incredibly entertaining to teach her new words (long ones are the best) and see what her interpretation of the pronunciation is. In honor of our nation's birthday, we introduced Avery to the Statue of Liberty and the American flag. To her, it's the stash o fliffery and the merka fack.

Happy Fortief Jo Y!

3 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

OH MY GOODNESS....she is so big!

Miss you terribly

Tiffany Ann said...

that made me laugh out loud, so cute!!!

Kim said...

That's so funny. I love your phonetic spelling for us. =)