Monday, July 28, 2008

We've pickled everything within 30 miles!

If it ain't pickled...we just stick it in brine!

We've been enjoying pickles made from Chad's parents' cucumbers. I'd never made pickles before, but I was pretty pleased with the way this batch turned out. These are bread & butter and they're about the only way I'll eat onions. We shared the love at life group last night and knocked out a jar. Only 7 more to go!

Avery met up with Baylor and Caroline at the Chick-fil-A playground Friday. We had planned to go to the pool, but the bottom fell out of the sky. The girls didn't seem to mind at all, though.

And in a brave move with my husband Saturday night, we took the munchkins to--drumroll, please--Chuck E. Cheese! Avery had no idea what was coming. On the ride there, we looked back at her and she was completely asleep! We were sacrificing a date night to take the poor child to the moneypit and she had the gall to konk out on us! We gently woke her up and she reluctantly went inside. SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!!! She wasn't expecting all the colors, all the people, all the blinking lights, and of course, a giant mouse.

She looks content here, but about 30 seconds later she had a royal meltdown and panic attack because she didn't think she could get out of there. I had to crawl up in there after her. (That place is disgusting!)


She loves carousels and anything that resembles a zebra. Horses will have to do.

Avery enjoyed the Bob the Builder ride the most. The majority of our money was fed into this machine. Oh, and yes, Stuart was there, but he slept through most of the evening.

5 comments:

the millers said...

Laura, oh my goodness...she looks like such a big girl!! I love the one of her standing triumphantly in the top of the climber thing. Just so sorry you had to crawl up there to get her...NASTY!!!

Anonymous said...

I know Avery had a blast at Chuck E Cheese and I can't believe you had to get into one of those contraptions. It makes me not want to go there, but I know the kids love it. Avery looks so cute with her bangs pulled back!

Kim said...

She looks a little bit like a pole dancer in the carousel picture. =p

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

you are going to have to tell me sometime how you did that. i want to learn how to pickle cucumbers!

The Houston's said...

Hi!!!! Your family is so cute!! We do need to get together for a playdate. Macy is tired of me! Ha!
I've been up in the slide (to get Harper) at Chick-fil-a and all I could smell was sweaty feet. Yuck!!!